EVERYONE WANTS FIRST PAGE RANKINGS ON SEARCH ENGINES, BUT THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.
We all want our websites to be top ranking in the major search engines, right? But how do we accomplish effective SEO? We hear a lot of “I want to be on the first page when someone searches for…”—but, this is not something that can be accomplished overnight.
Before you spend a handful of money for paid SEO to increase your rankings, let us help you gain a better understanding of what Search Engine Optimization is really all about.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of generating traffic to your website because of having quality content on your website—more specifically, content that is structured properly.
When your website content is properly formatted, search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo have enhanced ability to find your site with ease. There is a science to this, and you can achieve effective SEO without having to spend a lot of money for PAID SEO. Keep in mind, there are benefits to paying for SEO based on the type business you have—retail, consumer-driven, etc.—but it’s worth focusing on organic SEO first.
So, what is ORGANIC SEO? Simply put, organic SEO is the free, natural way to improve your rankings on the major search engines and drive traffic to your website!
Think of it this way: when someone lands on your website, are you offering a user-friendly experience? Does your home page inform the viewer (in a matter of seconds) about what you do and how they should specify your brand? Or, better yet—how they can buy from you?
Have you heard the viral quote “Content is King”? There’s a reason this quote is used so frequently—it’s the key to effective marketing. It’s the engine that ultimately drives your SEO rankings.
How do you know if your website content is SEO friendly? Here’s a fool-proof checklist for easy reference:
- Do you have at least 500 words of relevant content on your web page with no spelling errors? Don’t forget to check for typos!
- Do you have quality images that send great visual messages? Nothing blurry, grainy or otherwise poor quality.
- Name your images and describe your images with captions using keywords and highly-searched keyword phrases.
- Do a grammar check. While grammar has been thrown out the window to a strong degree in favor of a more conversational, emotional style writing, we still need content that flows properly. Search engines don’t like poor grammar and typos.
- Is your content informative? Are you keeping your website updated? Does it motivate one to have an “ah-ha!” moment or learn something new?
- Consider adding recommendations or review page to your website.
- Provide well-written content with downloads and links to additional information.
- Include keywords, search phrases, and meta description tags on each page
Digital marketing is the most efficient approach to building brand awareness, and your company website is the single most valuable tool you can use to create customer loyalty.
Is it great to have lots of traffic pushed to your website? Absolutely! But not if they don’t like what they see once they get there. Having viewers opt-out of your site as quickly as they find it may indicate that you need to improve the content you are sharing.
If you still aren’t quite sure where to begin, let’s talk.
There’s more to SEO than what we’re covering here, but it’s important to get the basics down first. Let’s look at your website together and discover how we can optimize your viewer's experience—and work to drive more traffic to your website while we’re at it.